The Goals of Technological Education
The fundamental purpose of the technological education program is to provide students
with knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will enhance their ability to achieve success in
secondary school, the workplace, postsecondary education or training, and daily life.
The goals of the technological education curriculum are to enable students to:
• gain an understanding of the fundamental concepts underlying technological education;
• achieve the level of technological competence they will need in order to succeed in their postsecondary education or training programs or in the workplace;
• develop a creative and flexible approach to problem solving that will help themaddress challenges in various areas throughout their lives;
• develop the skills, including critical thinking skills, and the knowledge of strategies required to do research, conduct inquiries, and communicate findings accurately, ethically, and effectively;
• develop lifelong learning habits that will help them adapt to technological advances in the changing workplace and world;
• make connections that will help them take advantage of potential postsecondary educational and work opportunities.