Fair Notice and Process - Community Threat Assessment and Intervention Protocol (C-TAIP)
In spring of 2013, in the DDSB's on-going commitment to safety, and in conjunction with Durham Catholic District School Board and community partners, the DDSB signed the Community Threat Assessment and Intervention Protocol (C-TAIP) Agreement. Please find information in the following attachment.
Safety Reminders for Students
Student safety is our first priority. We encourage all families to review the following satefy guidelines with their children.
1. Always walk to and from school with a buddy
2. Do not talk to strangers
3. Inform your parents and the school if a strangers approaches you
4. Remember adults do not ask for directions from children
5. Avoid taking shortcuts through parks and fields
6. Never walk alone, especially at night
7. Be aware of your surroundings when wearing earphones
8. It is ok for children not to speak to adults that they don't know