Grade 8 Transition Programming & Activities 2018/19
- December 13, 2018 (pm): FOS Transition/Cross Panel visit- room 101
- December 3-12, 2018: Guidance counsellors visit Feeder Schools.
- January 2019: Grade 8 Reviews for mainstream Special Education students.
- January 8, 2019: Grade 8 student tours and option selection information at Eastdale-AM or PM
- January 9, 2019- Grade 8 Student and Parent/Guardian Transition Information Night at DDSB.
- January 10th, 2019: Grade 8 Parent/Guardian Night at Eastdale CVI at 6:30-8p.m.
- January, 2019- Course planner is open to students for planning only.
- January 24th-28th, 2019: Counsellors could be available to visit feeder schools to assist with course planner and IPP (by appointment).
- February 15th, 2019: Course Planner is available to SUBMIT for Grade 8 students
- February 22th, 2019: Lock out date for Career Cruising course selections. Course Planner is closed for Grade 8 students- you can unlock and make changes in Career Cruising until Thursday Feb 28th.
- February 2019- Grade 8 teachers and administrators determine in school due dates for 'Course Sign Off' sheets and NEW 'Planning Tool'. Deadline to submit to Eastdale is March Break.
- May 2019 – Grade 8 Orientation Day TBD at Eastdale CVI- Leadership students.
- Late June: Option Verification Sheets sent to elementary schools listing course selection. A parent/guardian must approve any changes and should contact Eastdale CVI.
- Getting Ready for High School- Late August 2019- students may sign up for this program at DCE.ca- this program provides addition support on numeracy and literacy along with a general introduction to Eastdale.
- September 3rd, 2019: Tentative Grade 9 Day at Eastdale CVI. Students will receive timetables, get lockers and have school pictures taken.