NEW - Grade 10 OSSLT
This year, Grade 10 students in Ontario will write the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test on Wednesday, March 27th, 2019.
After School Literacy Program: February 11 - March 25 (2:15pm - 3:30pm) - All Students Welcome.
There are 10 sessions in total. Please see complete list of dates below:
February 11, 13, 20, 25, 27
March 4, 6, 19, 20, 25
*** Parent/Guardian Information Literacy Program Consent form ***
- LITERACY BLITZ: On Monday March 25, 2019 we will be offering one final "Tips" session to give students some final advice on how to complete the tasks on the OSSLT
- LITERACY SWEEPS: In February to Mid-March Grade 10 classes will be participating in a one period literacy session in the library, to review test taking strategies. Students will receive their practice tests back with feedback and will go home with a duotang that will include additional practice activities.
Sample Practice Activities - Students may access the following link to view and practice released materials from past Ontario Secondary School Literacy Tests.
Below are some additional "TIPS" sheets and practice materials to help students prepare:
LITERACY TEST DAY SCHEDULE – Wednesday, March 27, 2019
To accommodate the administration of the OSSLT the following schedule has been organized:
|8:10 - 8:20 am||Students move to assigned classroom|| 10 minutes|
|8:20 - 8:30 am||Test Instructions|| 10 minutes|
|8:30 - 9:45 am||Complete Session 1|| 75 minutes|
|9:45 - 10:00 am||Break|| 15 minutes|
|10:00 - 10:05 am||Test Instructions|| 5 minutes|
|10:05 – 11:20 am||Complete Session 2 || 75 minutes|
|11:20 - 11:30 am||Complete Questionnaire|| 10 minutes|
Bussing: School buses will run at the regular scheduled times.
- We will provide students writing the OSSLT with a snack and beverage at the scheduled break time.
- There are no cafeteria services provided on the test day.
- Only students writing the OSSLT are required to attend school on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. There will be no formal classes scheduled that day.
- Bring pencils and an eraser if you would like to plan on paper.
- Bring bottled water (if needed).
- Do not bring electronic devices or bags into the OSSLT.
- Get a good night sleep before the OSSLT.
- Eat a good breakfast the day of the OSSLT.
- Ask your teachers, your teacher librarian, and your administrators if you have any questions.