We will be reviewing safety tips in an age appropriate manner in all classes. This is an opportune time to review general safety tips with your children. A list of safety guidelines for you to review with your child (ren) now and any time of year is listed below. Staff, students and parents work and communicate together to make a difference for our learning environment. Our communication continues to be the key to our success. Please discuss the following suggestions with your family so that safe strategies are reinforced.
1. Always walk with a buddy to and from school
2. Do not talk to strangers
3. Inform your parents and the school if a stranger approaches you
4. Remember, adults do not ask for directions from children
5. Let your parents know if there has been a change in your plans
6. Avoid taking short cuts through fields and parks
7. Never walk alone, especially at night
8. Be aware of your surroundings when wearing earphones
9. It is ok for children not to speak to adults who they do not know
Together, we can keep our school and community a safe environment for our children.
To access your bussing information at the DSTS website
, you will need two pieces of information:
• the student(s) nine digit number
• the student(s) date of birth yyyy/mm/dd
To gain quick access to your child's bussing details use the automated phone line at 905-666-6979.
School Bus Services
If inclement weather forces cancellation of school bus service
for students, the following FM and AM radio stations will be notified no later than 7:00 a.m.
Special Education Requirements for Bussing
The Special Education Advisory Committee has been working with the Special Education department and the Transportation department to develop an information form which parents can complete in order to provide information to bus drivers regarding any special or additional requirements of students transported on busses to our Special Education programs. The goal of the form is to provide an opportunity for parents/guardians to communicate with the driver. If parents/guardians wish to complete the form
, they are requested to return it to the school at the start of the school year. The form will then be forwarded to the Transportation department and provided to the driver.